Why work with expert brokers at JACE Real Estate? WELL, let me tell you some mighty good reasons. You will remember recently that the million member National Association of Realtors commissioned and released an assessment of issues facing the real estate industry today. They stated, “The real-estate industry is saddled with a large number of part-time, untrained, unethical and/or incompetent agents. This knowledge gap threatens the credibility of the industry.”
As Kenneth R. Harney, syndicated columnist stated in a Seattle Times article dated June 14, 2015, “Low entry requirements for agents are a key problem. While other professionals often must undergo extensive education and training for thousands of hours or multiple years, realty agents need only complete 70 hours on average to qualify for licenses to sell homes, with the lowest state requirement for licensing at just 13 hours. Cosmetologists, by contrast, average 372 hours of training, according to the report.”
JACE brokers receive 50- 90 hours of continuing education every 6 months. This is on top of their required coursework for license renewal.
Why is broker education SO crucial? According to Washington State, brokers are considered licensed limited practice attorneys.
- Brokers are held to the same standards as attorneys in practice and in court.
- Brokers are helping YOU, the Buyer or Seller to execute a legal contract.
- 15 years ago, contracts were an average of 10 pages long. NOW contracts are easily TWICE that length and a broker must have working knowledge of dozens of forms.
- The mistake of one digit, leaving out or entering incorrectly one bit of information can result in litigation for the broker, for their clients and from their clients.
- Successful wielding and negotiation of a purchase and sale contract and accompanying addendum takes considerable skill and knowledge.
SO, consider carefully! Not all brokers or real estate companies are created (or educated) equally. When we state that we are the most highly educated, expert Realtors on the Olympic Peninsula, we’ve got the experience, expertise and education to back that up.
Can you tell how PROUD I am to be a part of JACE REAL ESTATE?
-Susan Scott, Office Manager, JACE Real Estate